For centuries Dejima was the Japanese window for the West and vice versa the little island was the window to Japan for the West. This was possible through the Dutch East India Company (VOC). Even today every child in Japan is thought about the VOC and Dutch Trading post of Dejima. Mr. Marten Minkema travelled to the island and made this documentary for the Dutch Radio (in Dutch). Part 2 was aired last sunday: deel twee van ‘Terug naar Deshima’.
- Orange Heart – Sinterklaas Actie 2019 October 25, 2019
- Nagasaki Youth Orchestra June 8, 2019
- Students from Nagasaki East and Visser ‘t Hooft Lyceum visit SieboldHuis March 30, 2019
- Mayor of Nagasaki visits Leiden October 1, 2018
- Japanmarkt 2018 May 12, 2018
MailinglistRegister on our mailinglist?