The historic ties and special relations between Leiden and Nagasaki have led to the recent establishment of the Leiden Friends of Nagasaki Foundation (Stichting Leidse Vrienden van Nagasaki). Chairperson of the foundation is Mrs Kris Schiermeier, Director of Japan Museum SieboldHuis. Mrs. Schermeier holds a degree in Japanese Studies and History of Art from the University of Leiden. Ronald Hilhorst, Director of J-Link, is the Secretary. J-Link specialises in the market development in the medical and bio-technical sectors in Japan. Mr. Hilhorst is a graduate of the University of Leiden, Japanese Studies and is chairman of the Alumni Association ‘ From Here to Tokyo’. Treasurer of the foundation is Mrs. Kuniko Forrer. Mrs. Forrer is Coorindator Japan at Japan Museum SieboldHuis and in this capacity she promotes and maintains contact with the city of Nagasaki and local businesses there. Mrs. Forrer is a graduate of the University of Leiden, Faculty of Arts (Dutch Literature) and the History of Publishing and Printing at the University of Amsterdam.
- Naturalis sends a 3D printed Tyrannosaurus to Nagasaki April 21, 2021
- Nagasaki Youth Peace Forum Contest – Winners Announced April 7, 2021
- Nagasaki University thanks Professors Ton Raap and Harm Beukers February 16, 2020
- Orange Heart – Sinterklaas Actie 2019 October 25, 2019
- Nagasaki Youth Orchestra June 8, 2019
MailinglistRegister on our mailinglist?