For centuries Dejima was the Japanese window for the West and vice versa the little island was the window to Japan for the West. This was possible through the Dutch East India Company (VOC). Even today every child in Japan is thought about the VOC and Dutch Trading post of Dejima. Mr. Marten Minkema travelled to the island and made this documentary for the Dutch Radio (in Dutch). Part 1 was aired last sunday: deel één van ‘Terug naar Deshima’.
This Sunday part two will be aired between 10am and 12am on Radio 1
- LEIDEN WINNERS OF ‘NAGASAKI YOUTH PEACE FORUM CONTEST’ VISIT MAYOR OF NAGASAKI August 9, 2022
- Invitation: Japanese dinosaur morning at Naturalis October 29, 2021
- Naturalis sends a 3D printed Tyrannosaurus to Nagasaki April 21, 2021
- Nagasaki Youth Peace Forum Contest – Winners Announced April 7, 2021
- Nagasaki University thanks Professors Ton Raap and Harm Beukers February 16, 2020
MailinglistRegister on our mailinglist?